Monday, February 20, 2006

Welcome + "Kanaete" CD single

Hi, everybody... If you got here, then it is because you're familiar with the word "Jpop" and know what it stands for. And if you don't, then you most probably are here because of some twist of fate while surfing the net. In that case, let me introduce you to the wonderful world of Japanese music... "Jpop" stands for "Japanese pop" and, believe me, it is a genre of its own. There is certainly JR&B, Jrap, Jrock and many other sub-categories within Jpop, and you can expect entries posting music from different artists, current hitmakers and not, that have made an impression in Japan's music market... or at least in my CD collection... :-P This blog is conceived for and aimed at newcomers to anime and Jmusic, so the experts will have to be patient if I digress explaining from time to time what "OVA" means or what "Avex" is...

In this blog I will be sharing some of my favorite music for your entertainment, adding some information on the artists that sang or composed the songs or soundtracks that I post.
And I think there is no better way to start than posting the song from which I borrowed the title for my blog ^_^. It is one of my favorite songs ever, written and performed by one of my favorite artists ever: "Kanaete", by Miss Akino Arai. This song was used as the ED (ending song, a.k.a. the song played during the closing credits) of the anime TV series Ayatsuri Sakon, which aired on the Japanese anime TV Station WOWOW from October 8th 1999 to 31st March 2000.
Well, to be honest, I didn't see this series and there are some mixed reviews on the net about it. The plot is about a puppet artist solving crimes around Japan with the help of his young aunt -who works as a police detective-, his puppet and his talent as a ventriloquist. Let's just say that after reading this synopsis I probably won't see this series ever... :-S Anyway, maybe the series wasn't sensational, but the ED theme sure is and became one of my favorite songs ever. Enjoy right here the ED clip Ayatsuki Sakon, featuring the song "Kanaete", courtesy of JirouHotaru @ YouTube:

Don't tell me this song doesn't pierce through your heart... I provide you here below with a link to that song and to the c/w song of the single, "Syukusai no Mae". In Japan CD singles usually contain two songs, the main one and the "c/w song", which stands for "coupling with song"; it's another way of calling a B-Side, I guess. I will tell you more about Akino Arai in the future, when I share with you one of her albums... Up to then, enjoy both songs and let me know what you think of them:

Labels: , ,