Sunday, August 20, 2006

Introducing: ayaka

Hi, peeps ! Last week, J was nice enough to share with us all a song by newcomer ayaka , and I found the song so good and her voice so beautiful, that I HAD to do some research on her and get more info and material of her just-starting career ^_^. Ayaka Iida (her full name) was born in 1987 in Osaka and debuted last February in the music scene with the ballad "I believe", which reached #3 in the Oricon Charts in its first week, making it the highest debut entry by a female singer since 1998, when Hikaru Utada kick started her career at #2 with her double A-side first single "Automatic/time will tell".

"I believe" was used as the theme song of Japanese TV drama "Rondo". This wouldn't be her sole contribution to a TV project, since, as J pointed out, her third and last single up to now ("Real Voice") is the ending song of TV drama "Supli".
Check her out performing "I believe", live @ Music Station TV show, courtesy of littlefairyfromnam @ YouTube:

Her first album ("First Message") is scheduled for release next month, and I can't wait to see if she delivers the goods that her three singles have been foreshadowing. Her style reminds me a bit of Chihiro Yonekura at times, but it has a more folksy/guitar-driven feel than the straightaway pop that Chihiro can come up with. Among her influences, she cites the likes of The Beatles, Sheryl Crow, Carole King and Dreams Come True... and I think their influence on her music is palpable.
Here is her single discography up to the moment !

Ayaka - I believe
Released on 02.01.2006
Tracks:
1) I believe
2) Yume no kakera
3) I believe (instrumental version)

Ayaka - Melody ~sounds real~
Released on 05.10.2006
Tracks:
1) Melody ~sounds real~
2) Blue days
3) Melody ~sounds real~ Live Version
4) Sha la la Live Version
5) Blue days Live Version

Ayaka - Real Voice
Released on 07.19.2006
Tracks:
1) Real Voice
2) Peace loving people
3) Real Voice (instrumental version)

Thanks again to J for the track, and the rest of you, keep those contributions coming this way ! :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Random J said...

Glad you like AOI. I really love "Real voice" too, her voice is great as is the music itself. I'll defo be checking her album out when it releases.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home