Wednesday, August 23, 2006

You gotta love the Japanese... (III)

Oh, God... It's been a while since I last laughed so much with a TV series, and I had to talk to you a bit about it because it deserves much more exposure than it originally had. I came across the following clip by chance in YouTube and the insanity portrayed in it was enough to catch my attention. See... the series is called "Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan" and initially you would think by the title that it is yet another Magical Girl series (these series just love to include the word "Tenshi" -"Angel"- in their titles). This first impression would be reinforced by the main character's design: a very cute girl drawn in typical shojo manga style that uses an asset for casting a certain spell. But then, looking closely, you realise that the tool she uses is a metal bat with creepy looking spikes and that "Bokusatsu" means literally "Club-you-to-death" !!

Enjoy the insanity that is "Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan" with this first look at its opening clip, and then I'll go on with my rant:

Amazing, ah ? This is proof that the Japanese produce animation for all ages and gender groups in whatever possible genre :-). Just reading the lyrics of the opening song I knew I was hooked ^_^ Well, it turns out she really is an Angel, sent from the future by God to kill a teenager that would cause many problems when he gets older. But instead of doing that, she decides to stay at his place and try to reform him. The problem is that she's very childish, moody and unstable, so whenever she's pissed she would grab her club and savagely kill him or whoever is around in the most gory and bloody way imaginable. Then, when she gets back to her senses, she sincerely asks for forgiveness and with her magical spell ("Pipiru piru piru pipirupi") (?!) she brings them back to life ! I hadn't seen so much blood on TV since "Elfen Lied" ! The series is full of parodies to magical girl series and other anime titles and of course has a rather sick sense of humour, but then again... so do I, so I strongly recommend the eight 15-minute episodes produced. You can watch them in YouTube by typing "Dokuro-chan" in the search bar. If you watch the first episode and laugh with what happens at the 1:22 minute, then go on... it's for you ! ^_-
Here is the full song for your hearing pleasure, performed by the talented seiyuu Saeko Chiba, who was cast as Dokuro herself.

I'll be back soon with a full album ! Pipiru piru piru pipirupiiiiiii ! :-P

7 Comments:

Blogger Hanzan said...

Brilliant. BRILLIANT. Love it. Thank you!

5:50 PM  
Blogger AOI said...

Hehe... you're welcome. Glad you liked it. Go watch the episodes in YouTube if you haven't already ! :-)

8:31 PM  
Blogger Delfi said...

Aooooiiii, por Dios, todo lo que me perdí, me voy a tener que poner al día y me va a llevar un buen rato XP; no es que te halla abandonado, pero empecé a laburar y no me queda mucho tiempo libre (pero gracias a Dios por el trabajo n_n), recién hace dos días q tengo internet en mi casa XD así que voy a poder entrar más seguido. No me voy a cansar de decir que tu página es SUBLIME. Seguí así!!! Saludos :)

6:25 AM  
Blogger AOI said...

Hey, Delfinae, gracias por los elogios de nuevo ^_^. Acabo de darle una miradita de nuevo a tu blog y me quedé tarado con las fotos de cosplay ^_^. Intercambiamos links en nuestros blogs? Un beso.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Delfi said...

¿Viste mi blog?.....<:3, que verguenza...como verás no le pongo tantas pilas como vos al tuyo XP; pero bueno, me quedo contenta de que te hayan gustado las fotos de los costplays (son geniales n_n). Voy picoteando de a poco y vi lo de los Teriyaki; no sé si conocés una canción que (creo) se llama "Dame mas gasolina", es de un cubano q hace reggaetón y me hizo acordar muuuucho a ese tema, sobre todo cuando canta el corito de la chica...me voy de tema con lo largo de los post, sorry. Bueno si encuentro la dichoza canción te la paso.
Nos vemos!! ;)

5:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw an anime like this before called dai mahou touge, in which a little princess girl would say, :"lyrical tokarev, kill them all!!!" and then violently attack whoever she was facing... but this is def more extreme!!! cant wait to see the full show!! thank u

11:34 AM  
Blogger AOI said...

Haha, thanks for the tip on dai majou touge. I'll go google her and see what can I find out about her :-D.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home